January 10, 2009

M.J. {aka Michael}

Now basketball season is a very anticipated time of year in our home. So much so, that my three boys have a difficult time thinking of anything else. Homework, scouting and all other activities are strategically planned as to not interfere with watching basketball games, playing basketball games and practicing those oh, sweet, moves on the court! Fade away, and one and ankle breaker are just a few of the excited shouts you might hear echoing through our house during a game. While I have definitely watched my fair share of basketball, I do have to admit that I have no idea what these things mean. I have been known to quickly reprimand a son when a shout of "hail mary" went up during a game (as a side note, I have just been informed by my DH that this would have been during a football game not a basketball game and the word is "hail" not h*ll). Nevertheless, Nathan, watch your mouth! I was shocked and immediately informed him he was to never speak like that again. I have since learned that this is the name of a play :) Phew... in a home where the "b" word, "f" word and "s" word mean (shhhh...) butt, fart and shut-up, I was SHOCKED needlesstosay.

Anywho, I digress. Back to basketball. All three of my boys play on teams (Nathan on a couple of teams). So our Saturday plan usually includes at least four games. This is great fun, most of the time, unless your whole family has been asked to speak in church the next day. So, I missed a couple of games today as I "helped" write a few talks for tomorrow. And of course, wouldn't you know, that Michael busted in the door after his game today excitedly informing me of his 24 point game! His highest scoring game by far! He claimed he was "ON FIRE"! "EVERYTHING WAS GOING IN!" He could hardly contain himself for all the happiness welling up inside of him. A dream come true for a basketball loving 8 year old boy!

Ian said he was pretty much the court general out there today with all the high fives and back slapping going on. Who would know? My little guy, my backseat buddy, my dinosaur and shark loving little guy who for months now has put the initials M.J. (as in Michael Jordan) on the name line of ALL of his school assignments. I have to continually remind him that he is going to have LOTS of missing assignments if M.J. is getting the credit for all of his :) I've resigned myself to penciling in a little "aka Michael" next to his M.J. Hopefully his teachers understand. After all, his name is Michael. There's hardly much difference at all :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones