



This week at school, the fourth graders celebrated Ben Franklin's birthday. After all, he would have been 303 years old! The students were asked to come dressed in colonial style costume and spent the evening performing patriotic songs and reciting poetry for parents and grandparents. We lucked into a costume for the night that I thought was perfect...a borrowed Lord of the Rings Frodo costume found in my sister's Halloween box, a Ben Franklin disguise kit marked 50% off (complete with wig and spectacles), a pirate hat, some hot glued ruffles to the front of the shirt and a feather attached to a pen. We had a lot of fun putting it together, and Sophie laughed out loud when she saw Christian all dressed up. The best part of the performance and the part I had been looking forward to for awhile was when the students recited "Paul Revere's Ride" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. If you are familiar with it, you might remember that it is one hundred and thirty lines long. That's right...1-3-0~! Absolutely amazing to hear 50 fourth graders recite such a long poem in perfect unison...absolutely perfect! In fact, they received a standing ovation afterwards. I think I may have been the first one standing :)


















1 comment:
He looks so cute!!!
Post a Comment