Jessie and I spent the weekend at a ballroom competition. It meant A LOT of driving in a short amount of time. LATE, LATE nights...like dancing until 2:30 a.m. (her, not me). Some disappointments. Some successes. And a lot of laughs and funny things to be remembered. We had costume issues. Serious costume issues that weren't apparent until she was out on the floor dancing. We managed. But we ended up buying a different costume there on the spot without time to make the necessary alterations that we normally would. Those of you who have seen the blurry pictures will know what I mean. Anyway, I guess you would have had to have been there ;)
To date, this is my favorite dress. It is not the source of the headaches mentioned above :)
To date, this is my favorite dress. It is not the source of the headaches mentioned above :)
And I'm telling you, I managed some serious sweet hair under pressure, people, AND in a time crunch :)The pictures don't really show how cool that bun was. Trust me, it was SWEET!
Good times. Good times. Oh, and she did place 2nd in five dance standard. That was the best part of all :)



















3 comments:
WTG with the hair and congratulations to her for 2nd!
She is so so so beautiful! Even without the bun & the dress - what a pretty, dedicated young lady!!
Simply beautiful... and I love her hair! Such and elegant and beautiful dancer...you have every right to be proud!!!
It was fun to stumble upon your blog this evening. I found you through a message you left on my friend Sara's blog. I followed your My Adoption Website blog before you traveled to bring Sophie home, so how fun to find you here and read old posts and see new photos of your beautiful family! Sophie has really grown and blossomed into such an adorable young lady!! :) I can't wait until the day I am in your shoes. We are currently waiting to bring our Khloe home from NDFH in China. Our prayer is to travel by Christmas, but it is yet unknown. Anyway, I just wanted to drop a note and say 'hello' and it was fun reading about your family again!
God bless! <><
~Tanya
Post a Comment