August 7, 2009

100 Posts :)

My plan to save my 100th post for July 24th just didn't happen. It's seems that planning, packing and mobilizing a family of seven out for vacation didn't leave me any time for that. Even though that's how I'd planned it. July 24th of last year was my first post, so it seemed fitting that my 100th post be on the same day a year later. I like things tidy like that :) More importantly though, it was also the day that we received our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) for Sophie from China. It was such an exciting and emotional day as we FINALLY received that official document from the Chinese government approving us to adopt Qian Qian. We had waited a long time. Or so it seems. Seventy some odd days...74 days to be exact, I think. Such a happy day and one I will never forget.

We have been home from vacation for almost a week now and I think I have finally sorted through all the mail, emails, bills, laundry and phone messages. Everyone has scattered back to their various commitments and business which makes me acutely aware of how quickly summer is coming to an end. I'm always a bit sad to see it end. Especially as Jessie reminded me that this is really her last summer before heading out to college. Sigh... I'm grateful for the time we had to get away as family. We had a wonderful time. And it was our first vacation with Miss Mei. She was a fabulous traveler. For all 2,700 miles of it ;)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What an adorable photos. By all means, enjoy this last year of having Jessie at home...it happens so much sooner than you think it will.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones