One of the things I love about Sophie is that she will always stop to smell the flowers in our yard.
Checking for water...
I thought she'd be happy just playing with the watering can. Nope.Off to fetch the water.
By herself.


Today marks ten months since Ian and I first met Sophie in China. She has changed so much in that time. The little girl we met in China didn't make a sound for the first three days. Not even a peep. Today, I think she just might be the loudest member of our family :) She is sweet, affectionate, independent, opinionated, mischievous, silly and ALL girl. I love it completely. She keeps us hoppin'. One of the most frequently heard expressions at our house is "where's Sophie"? If you call to her, she will always answer quickly with a "huh?" but will rarely come. Usually because she's found someone's lip gloss or is checking out something she shouldn't in one of the boy's bedrooms. She is learning several new words every day and is imitating almost everything I ask her to say. She will happily stay home with dad or the big kids if I have to run a quick errand and, as I posted about before, will even go to nursery at church by herself. She still prefers to come and go with me, but won't cry the whole time I'm gone if she can't. I always take my shoes off by the door when I come in the house. Sophie has started to do the same thing but will carefully put her little shoes inside of mine. Ian says she's reminding me to take her with me when I leave. So, so cute. She has blessed our family more than I can even express. We couldn't love her more.



















2 comments:
Precious Sophie has come such a long way - from the quiet shy girl to a perfect laughing preschooler! Can you belive it? I think it is adorable that she puts her shoes inside of yours.....smart girl!
Just found your blog. Love it! She is so precious and I love the pics of her watering the flowers. Too sweet!
Post a Comment