July 19, 2009

Patriotic Parade

Every year, our neighborhood has a patriotic parade. All the kids decorate their bikes or scooters or wagons. By themselves, I might add. And then ride through the neighborhood waving to moms and dads perched on their front porches. It's about a 15 minute parade at most. But the kids love it. Christian was up bright and early, showered, dressed and decorating his bike without any prodding at all. Michael, on the other hand, my more reserved child, made it well known the night before that he was NOT riding in the parade this year. He claimed he was too old for such things. So I decided to let him sleep in. After all, matters like that are not worth a fight :) He woke up after the parade was over and asked why I didn't wake him up. I refreshed his memory of our conversation the night before, to which he said, "well, you could have MADE me be in the parade". Oh my. I think he forgot about the Otter Pops which are served at 9:15 A.M. ;) Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

ROFL!! Dang! Missed those Otter Pops! Don't you wish you had a clue about WHEN you're supposed to be the mean mom?

This is me! said...

This is a great story! I agree with C- I wish kids came with an instruction manual!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones