June 24, 2009

I do believe I will miss this smile...

I took the boys to the orthodontist. Christian, even though almost 2 years older than Michael, isn't ready to begin treatment. The orthodontist even mentioned that there is a chance he won't need braces at all. Michael, on the other hand, is another story. He needs to get started, NOW. I took him on Wednesday for impressions, x-rays and spacers. Spacers are basically two little elastics placed between the molars for a week before the expander is placed a few days later. As we left the doctor's office, Michael said, "mom, can we go to Wal*art and get some gummy sharks"? Of course...not. We talked about the kinds of foods he would and wouldn't be able to eat while his teeth are getting fixed. To which Christian quickly replied, "mom, can we go to Wal*mart and get me (emphasis on "me") some gummy sharks"?

The spacers have provided ample excuses for Michael this week. Not only in regards to what he, my pickiest eater, will and will not eat, but also in almost all other areas of his existence :) Interestingly, Michael informed me that he told his swimming teacher that he would no longer be able to do flip turns because he just got spacers :) Oh my. I do believe he has no idea what is coming. It will be a week, I'm sure. As Nathan put it, "he really isn't the kind to battle through the pain". And that's coming from one who just finished his orthodontics :)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

He comes by it honestly. As I recall, Ian's mouth was a lot of work as well.

This is me! said...

Oh my, that is always an uncomfortable stage. It will be woth it, though!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones