April 2, 2009

Almost Spring Break

Tonight we built a volcano for Christian's science class. It was a collaborative effort as you can see. Christian duct taped a large baby food jar to the top of a metal mixing bowl and salt doughed the entire contraption. We're talking salt dough of ginormous proportions. Like five times the regular recipe. I guess that is to be expected coming from my family. I really should dig up that journal entry that me and my brother and sisters wrote about our memories of our "never-let-you-down" mom and science fairs :) Ahhh, good times. Tomorrow in science class, all the fourth graders will erupt their volcanoes. I was impressed when Christian and Michael rummaged up some dinosaurs and made foot prints in the salt dough around the volcano and even climbing up the volcano. I'm telling you, that trip to the dinosaur museum has really spurred some creativity lately...

Some random cuteness complete with boogies.

It was the Space Derby at Pack Meeting this past week. The boys were happy with their custom designed space rockets made by Big-Pop-Daddio himself according to the boys' specifications :) Christian's is the blue/silver rocket. And Michael's is the red/black rocket. You know, back to the Chicago Bulls theme and all. Christian busted in the door proudly holding a first place ribbon for the fastest rocket while Michael valiantly tried to hide the fact that his lip was quivering terribly. A can of Shasta, a treat reserved for special occasions, seemed to smooth things over for Michael. Everyone's a winner at scouts, right?
First day in the Bear Den. Proudly sporting the light blue neckerchief.
Some more dinos...
I especially love this mean looking one.
Last week's rock collection for Christian's science class...
You know, I love science and history and scouts and ballroom dance and basketball and all. But I don't think I have ever quite looked forward to spring break as much as I have this year. I've got that hanging-by-my-fingernails feeling going on lately. I'm convinced that if I weren't the mom sargeant around here, the majority of my children would lounge around in their boxer shorts or various other sorts of leisure wear eating Pop Tarts and Hot Pockets all day. i'mjustsay'in. Looking forward to a week when that's o.k...

2 comments:

This is me! said...

So, so cute! You have such great kids! And, yes, someday all of those activities and projects will be a distant memory- someday!

Catherine said...

You say it because it's TRUE!!! You are the MOM!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones