Michael came out to carpool after school today proudly sporting this sparkly blue crown. Apparently, there was a cursive contest and he was chosen the "Cursive King". Maybe you remember my post titled "I make a difference..." back in January of this year. If I was a little more computer savvy, I could do that fancy link thing. But I'm not :) Anyway, today was Christian's turn to be spotlighted in his class. We made this poster that told all about Christian and his favorite things. Each of the students wrote a letter to Christian telling him three virtuous qualities they admire in him with examples that they have observed. Today, Ian and I were invited to Christian's classroom. One by one, each student stood and read part of their letter to Christian. Both of the teachers also took a turn. It was very sweet, and Christian tried hard not to smile too much. I decided ahead of time that I wasn't going to cry. And I'm happy to report that I didn't. Ok, I did have to bite my lip a few times. But, I did not cry. I didn't. Really.
They asked Ian and I to share a funny (but not too embarrassing story) about Christian. Ian immediately remembered one of our family trips to Disneyland several years ago. Christian was in preschool at the time. For those of you who know Christian, you know that he loves to strike up a good conversation with anyone. Standing in excessively long lines provided ample opportunity for this. He began chatting with some people standing in front of us in one such line. Christian impressed his new found friends by reciting the preamble to the constitution, poetry and and other such things. Then, I guess because he was running out of conversational material, said: "My dad has yellow teeth. C'mon dad, smile. Show them your yellow teeth". Wow. What do you say to that? I had forgotten about that and it made me chuckle all day long just remembering it. Needless to say, Ian has had some dental work done since then, and we are happy to report that he no longer has yellow teeth :)
It was a good day. The kids all came home from school today with a little extra pride-in-their-stride. And the best part of it all is that it's Friday :)



















5 comments:
WTG boys! That's great!
Yea for good dental work! Such cute boys!
Hi Kim!
I remember you!! I followed your journey on MAW. Thanks for stopping by. I've saved your blog to my favorites!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Amy
What a sweet post! Christian is a handsome young man!!
Blessings,
Amy
Don't kids say the funniest things? Somedays I wish I could hide inside myself! lol!
I loved seeing Christian's "All About Me" poster :) What fun!
Post a Comment