March 18, 2009

Knight of the Fourth Grade Round Table

Christian was knighted last week at the Fourth Grade Medieval Festival. The festival was a lot of fun and including real jousting matches, a bird show with the demonstrators dressed in period style clothing, and calligraphy and weaving demonstrations. They served a "feast" for all the students and their parents. Christian went dressed as a Medieval prince. Can't you tell? At the end of night, the king entered and knighted all the students based on classroom work and "at home" academic work/service requirements. The students were allowed to choose which level of knighthood they wanted to work towards about one month prior to the festival. Of course, Christian wouldn't settle for anything less than the highest level of knighthood. It meant A LOT of work at home. A LOT. Not many students chose to do ALL the levels of knighthood. Christian did. There was no changing his mind. Did I mention that it meant A LOT of work at home? I'm not kidding. And right on the heels of the science fair I might add :) Prior to the knighting ceremony, Christian was able to sit on the top row which represented being a Knight of the Fourth Grade Round Table, a Service Knight, and an Academic Knight. When it was Christian's turn to bow before the king to be dubbed knight, I seriously did not cry :) Ok, maybe just a little. It was a proud moment for him. And me.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

WTG Christian! I just love the photos!

This is me! said...

This is too cute! How great that he plans and accomplishes those lofty goals!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones