





Phew!
Pumpkins carved. Check.
Pumpkins lit. Check.
Candy bought. Check.
One ladybug. Check.
One nerdy school boy. Check.
One screaming ghoulish guy. Check.
One 8th grade boy too old to trick-or-treat at party with friends. Check.
One Chinese princess. Check.
We have been so excited for Sophie to celebrate her very first Halloween with us! It wouldn't seem right if she didn't dress as well, you know, a little ladybug :) After all, Jessica was a ladybug on her first Halloween too! Sophie especially loved her pumpkin bucket (as those who know her well know that she is rarely seen without a purse, a bag, a box or some sort of container). Gathering goodies door to door made it even more exciting! Suckers are by far her favorite treat of choice and when offered will pick a tootsie pop or dum-dum. She also really enjoyed her Hannah Montana candy bracelet. When she came home from trick-or-treating, she RAN to me as fast as she could to show me her loot. She kept pointing in her bucket with a look of absolute disbelief and utter joy :) She couldn't open her treats fast enough! She excitedly climbed up on my lap and planted a big, fat, sticky grape kiss right on my lips! Happy First Halloween, little Mei!
Now the boys have this trick-or-treating thing down to a science. They have had their costumes planned for weeks. And while they have been BOUNCING off the walls with excitement today, they did manage to contain themselves long enough for a few pictures. Michael's pictures were easy as he only needed to cue me as to when he was ready to squeeze the blood up through that ghoulish mask of his. No need to smile or even keep his eyes open :)
This afternoon, I dug out Christian and Michael's Old Navy trick-or-treat bags for them. However, at the last minute, Christian came bustin' up the stairs with a pillowcase. He said he was too OLD for an Old Navy trick-or-treat bag :( Too OLD?!? Ahhh...come on...but I love those bags with smiling jack-o-lanterns and black cats. Sigh... Christian completed his nerdy school boy costume by taping some toilet paper to the bottom of his shoe, and they were OFF. Off for the LOOT! Happy Haunting everyone!


















4 comments:
Oh, MY!!! Your house looks like so much fun!! Too old already? Uggh!!!!
Is Sophie wearing sqeaky shoes? They kind of look like See Kai Run too..super cute!
Ok, you know we moved & I had printed out all the packing lists you sent me - and well, now....no where to be found!!!
IF you have time AND have them in your email, would you send them again? If not, don't worry about it!!!
I found the lists!!! Never mind :=) Phew!!
Kim,
How did I not know you had a blog? Did I know and forget??? I very rarely look at people's favorite blogs on their sidebars but for some reason I felt like I had to read one and had to come to Little Things I Love.....it's you!!!!!!!!! Clearly Heavenly Father doesn't want me to lose touch :-)
Sophie looks absolutely DARLING and your Jessica is GORGEOUS!!!! The boys are pretty darn cute too ;) I am supposed to be putting the girls to bed (they are running around like crazy people). I am so excited to catch up in the morning.
Big hugs,
Anna (Sarah's mama)
Hi Kim,
Your family is so beautiful!!
Thanks for sending me an email
Please link your blog to mine
so we can keep in touch!
Happy Holidays!
Sindy
Post a Comment