










One month ago today, we signed the necessary papers to finalize the adoption of our sweet Sophie. She hardly seems to be the same little girl we met in the Civil Affairs Office in Hangzhou, China just a short time ago. She literally changes daily before our eyes. In our referral paperwork we received in May, it said that Sophie was introverted, shy, quiet and rarely smiled. I worried about that. I really did. I wondered how long it would take to see her happy. All I can say is that she has amazed me with her ability to embrace, accept and love us as her family. Does she smile? Most of the day! Of course we do have the typical two-year-old temper tantrum thown in there for good measure, but her tears can turn to smiles within minutes. She has the most contagious belly laugh, and I just L.O.V.E. that sweet sound coming from the backseat of the car. She laughs right out loud when she realizes that we are picking up the kids from school. It's one of her favorite times of the day :) And don't even mention a tub full of bubbles...that might just send her into fits of pure, joyful hysteria! One month ago today our lives changed forever. Forever for the better, that is. Sophie, we love you.
Note: If you missed our trip to China, you can read all about it at www.myadoptionwebsite.com/simplysophie. I am working on a "Welcome Home" post detailing our homecoming and Sophie meeting her sister and brothers for the first time! Hopefully, I will have it posted soon :)
Note: If you missed our trip to China, you can read all about it at www.myadoptionwebsite.com/simplysophie. I am working on a "Welcome Home" post detailing our homecoming and Sophie meeting her sister and brothers for the first time! Hopefully, I will have it posted soon :)


















2 comments:
Oh! Kim Sophie is so cute. I really can't wait to meet her in person. You've to bring her to the office sometime. Everytime I read your journal I get so emotional. I am so glad she found your family and you found her. Is fate!
Oh, sweet Sophie looks so happy!! She is blooming!! Welcome Home!!
Post a Comment