May 2, 2009

Prom

Anyone who says sunshine
brings happiness has never
danced in the rain.
-unknown

I think you can tell from the pictures that no one noticed it was raining today. Like pouring rain. Especially Jessie who was completely consumed in a cloud of body spray and pure bliss. She didn't notice at all. Not one bit. You see, it's one thing to go to prom. It's an entirely different thing to go with someone who you have admired and heart-ed from a distance for three years. Tonight, for a few minutes, long enough for pictures, the raindrops stopped, the sun peaked out and everything seemed a little greener. But to be honest, I don't think she noticed that either :)

Jessie and Casey. Carli and Tyler. Interestingly enough, Carli, Jessie's BFF, just happens to be Casey's sister. All three of them dance on the ballroom team together and basically can't get enough of it. Ever. In fact, they spent most of the morning and afternoon at team try-outs before prom preparations could even begin. Jessie and Carli had fun getting their hair and make-up done together after the tryouts today which, thankfully, took some of the pressure off me to "get it just right". I'm happy to report that yesterday's last minute nails, toes, tan, jewels, shoes and the "perfect" fragrance were all pulled off without a hitch. And without even a hint of eye rolling. Luckily, this mama managed to avoid most lameness and tackiness this weekend :) Which, to tell you the truth, isn't always an easy thing to do ;)

Carli's date showed up in a sweet ride complete with chauffeur and body guard (aka the date's dad and uncle). They played the part well with walkie talkies and orange lights to direct the admiring crowds away from the "famous people inside". The "famous people" all were all provided with dark sunglasses and instructed to wear them at all times to protect their identities :) Jessie was loving every minute of it and couldn't stop giggling.

I can't wait to hear what she has to say about it all when she walks through the front door tonight. Actually, I doubt she'll walk through the front door. In fact, I'm quite certain that she will rather float through the front door. Yes, float... with a grin from ear to ear. I bet I will smell her before I see her with all that body spray and all. i'mjustsayin ;)

UPDATE:

"It was the best night EVER"! :D

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful evening! How'd she smell? :)

Anonymous said...

Jessie look so stunning. I love her dress, it is so hard this day to find beautiful dresses with modesty. Thanks for being a great example Jessie.

This is me! said...

Oh, WOW! That is so much fun! She looks beautiful, and I LOVE the chauffeur and bodyguard! Great pictures, K!!

Kim said...

Catherine,
She smelled like a strawberry patch :) It's called Beauty RUSH (Juiced Berry) from Victoria Secret...

k&m said...

What a beauty! I love your hair Jessie!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones