May 12, 2009

From a Friend's Point of View

Last week, Christian brought home a folder with the letters that his classmates had written to him. Each letter told Christian about the virtuous characteristics they see in him. I have to say that many of the letters made me laugh, and I was surprised how simple, sincere and accurate they were in their observations. I just had to share some of my favorites...

You show helpfulness when you always help out with watering the plants.

You show generosity by opening the door even when it's not your job.

You make a difference in this world by always caring for one another. If someone fell you'll be right there helping them up.

You show love when you are playing with your little sister.

You show diligence when you are shooting hoops.

You make a difference in our class when you make our class a bright and happy one.

You make a difference in this world. It wouldn't be right without you!

You show service when you clean the floor.

You make a difference in this world with your definite intelligence.

You show tact when you say something nice about something you may not like.

You show determination by never giving up to make swooshes from the three.

You make a difference in this world by cheering people on.

You show helpfulness by helping everyone understand.

You show responsibility when you turn yourself in after making a bad mistake then fixing it.

You make a difference in this world by your enthusiasm. Our classroom would not be our classroom without you.

You show joyfulness when you come to school in a great mood.

Another characteristic of virtue I notice about you is loyalty. You show this by always standing up for a friend.

One virtue I notice about you is unity. You show this when you see a fight you don't get included but you help them work together.

You show loyalty when you never let a friend go.

You make a difference in the this world by letting everyone have their time to shine.

Many of the kids said similar things about Christian. I never knew he was great at watering plants and cleaning the floor. I'd love to see some of that going on at home :) But I do have to say that he is definitely my joyful, respectful, happy-go-lucky, enthusiastic kiddo! Our family wouldn't be the same without you! We love you, Christian!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Isn't that great!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones