Know you what it is to be a child?
It is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief; it is to be so little that elves can reach to whisper in your ear, it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has its fairy tale godmother in its own soul.
~Francis Thompson~
Another photography assignment is due today. I think what I am learning most by taking this class is that I really don't have a clue :) Sophie is a fairly willing subject. Most of the time. Especially if treats are involved. You'll note the sucker. This week the assignment was to take a photo with "layers". A photo that says something about someone. I decided to take some photos of Sophie wearing her "dancing dress". She loves clothes. Any clothes. But she particularly LOVES girly clothes. Saturday mornings when Jessie has a dance competition, Jessie will hang her costumes in the doorway of our hall as we are getting ready to leave. Sophie is quick to bring her "costume" to me, so I can hang it in the doorway with Jessie's. She loves bows too. Won't go anywhere without them. I guess I'm to blame for that one. Bringing at least 10 different sets to China with me and all :)
She loves the snow and was so excited to see the first of the season outside her bedroom window today. And, of course, who doesn't love a treat. So, these are the pictures I came up with.
Catherine, Tonya, Barbara and anyone else who has an eye for photos. Which shall it be? Tell me your favorite please. Pretty please :) I'm a bit partial to the top picture only because I love how she's so daintily holding her treat. But I'm worried that it is too dark.


















6 comments:
If I'm numbering them from the top down, my favorites are:
1, 5, 6, 9 & 13. :)
They are so pretty! And how incredibly lucky you are to have that great window. I'm jealous!
To be honest, my favorite is the last one- I love how it has her stuffed animal and the sweet back of her neck. It makes me think she's thinking up pretend stories. My second favorite is the first one, and no, it's not too dark. I love those pinkies sticking out!
i LOVE #1 too!!!!! Just seeing her face AND her bows!! I love Miss Sophie's bear ears! I think your photographs are amazing! Can't wait for you to teach the rest of us!!
I love all of these photos! I think I do like #1 best. I'm lovin' the pink dress and pigtails flipped up (what is that style called?). You should be thankful Sophie is a bow girl, Tia is NOT and it is not for my lack of trying :) Sophie is so beautiful!
I was thinking of you . . . I saw this list of kiddos and can't stop looking at Bella's photo - she reminds me of Sophie a little bit - don'tya think? Do you know anyone who might be looking for their little girl - we can't adopt again. sigh.
http://www.aacadoption.com/adoption/waiting_children.aspx
precious pictures (:
I like the last one or the one before it but it is so hard to choose!
Post a Comment